Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Language Pledge (With Jiao Zi Update)

Today was our first day of the language pledge. It was really tough but I can see the difference in my Chinese after only one day. When you have to speak Chinese, you rack your brain and find very creative ways to say things. It is very rewarding when you can finally get you point across without using any English. I can see why sometimes the language pledge may become a little frustrating. When I was in class today and did not understand some of the grammar, it could not be explained to me in English. I feel this could impede my learning a little bit, but on the whole, the language pledge should be great for my Chinese.

Jiao Zi Count: 60 Jiao Zi. Today we went for dinner to a jiao zi restaurant and I have 2 plates (20 jiao zi). On the way back to the dorms, I just had to get another couple so I got a bag of jiao zi from a different restaurant. The jiao zi are also really inexpensive; 4 kuai for 10 jiao zi. My feast of 30 jiao zi was only 12 kuai ($14 HKD or $2 USD)

No comments:

Post a Comment