Monday, July 6, 2009

Duche Du De Lihai

Sorry it has been so long since my last post. I have had a mountain of trouble trying to get around the Great Firewall. The VPN is currently working so I will take this opportunity to post.

I am really settling into a routine here. I have become very accustomed to living here. While there are some inconveniences, many seem trivial now. For example, last weekend I took a two hour cab ride which should have taken twenty minutes. Stuck in traffic, instead of stressing out, I took the opportunity to talk to the taxi driver. Traffic is just one of those things that you are going to have to deal with if you want to live in Beijing. I am fine with that.


Last week I checked out one of the more modern malls here with some friends. After shopping we noticed that the mall had a Sizzler. While on any other occasion this would not have been much of a topic of conversation none of us had eaten any American food in three weeks prompting us to participate in what became an epic feast. The food was mediocre at best (I found myself eating something call "Tuna Parsley Spaghetti" as a side dish) but like a parched man in the desert, anything would do. After dinner we located a Dairy Queen to finish the night off. We left satisfied. 

That is all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment