Saturday, July 18, 2009

Coming back down

This week was one of the quieter ones. After having our first final last week, doing our daily work and studying for our weekly test just did not seem like that much work. I really caught up on some much needed sleep this weekend, putting in about 22 hours combined on Friday and Saturday night. I have noticed that I really do need about eight hours of sleep a night for it to be sustainable. Unfortunately, that has yet to happen here on a consistent basis. 

Last night I went for Mexican food. While my initial feeling was that Mexican food in China would taste about as good as Chinese food in Mexico, it was surprisingly delicious. The jury is still out on whether it was the quality of the food or the fact that I had not had so much meat and cheese since arriving here.

This week of classes was probably the best so far. We have begun to learn about real things like the Chinese government and the Chinese economy. This is great because we can actually have intellectual discussions in Chinese and it makes class a little bit more fun when one person does not agree with another on the positive and negative externalities of foreign companies in China. Then again, I think we have one chapter next week titled: Drop your pants and fart. So much for those intellectual discussions.

Thats all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment